Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-03, 14:18   Link #13465
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
In the United State there are many parties, but only two at a time (sometimes three) have any real backing from the people. Most other parties are considered too extreme or limited to get major backing outside small regions. Also within the two major parties there are actually subdivision that rarely get mentioned. The actual Republican and Democratic Parties are considered moderate with individuals that lean more left or right on one issue or another. The Republican Party is more to the conservative side of thing than the Democratic Party is Liberal at times, since there are Democrats that lean to the right more than to the left. That is partly because the more left leaning Republicans split the part in the early part of the 20th century and it has become difficult to get left leaning Republicans in since then due to the stigma left from Teddy Roosevelt's Progressives.

I'd actually like to see a return of the Progressives if they had a sustained Space policy.
Frankly speaking there needs to be more middle ground. I can deal with moderate Republicans but that's mainly on a local level. Only moderate democrats I know hail from state's breadbaskets or parts of dixie and the mountains. It's insufferable.