View Single Post
Old 2003-12-15, 00:21   Link #8
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
Yes, that all makes perfect sense (fansubbers do that all the time since CDs usually aren't released until the series is well underway), but instead of trying to figure out some _probably_ wrong lyrics, why not better spend your time learning the langauge? Then you'd be able to understand what you're singing and if you really can't wait for the CD, it'll help you save LOTS of time when you try to dictate the lyrics. Still, don't get me wrong, even if you know Japanese, you can still make mistakes while dictating out lyrics just like you could while trying to figure out lyrics to English (or whatever your first langauge is) songs.

It's just that I can't stand those (not saying it's you) people who grab romaji lyrics then try to sing them in, umm, "English pronounciation" ~_~
I am trying to learn the language, I bet if you were to check the lyrics yourself on the actual single that more than 50% of my romanization would be correct.

People that grab romaji lyrics then try to sing them in english pronounciation? -.-; you don't mean the ones that use hard 'r' s and such do you. I mostly did the rough romanization because I really liked the song and wanted to be able to learn the words. A lot of times it doesn't matter to me if I don't know what the words mean, because the songs are beautiful anyway. Sometimes I can understand a bit of it. But frankly unless I dish out tons of money (which I don't have, at this moment I have to pray some of my things sell on ebay just so I can keep my website running another month... did I mention my website costs $6 per month O.o; ) and take a college class on Japanese... >.< which my stupid town doesn't even offer. (Darn hickville!) I've been doing the best I can over the past few years but *shrugs*. It's come to the point where I can recognize a few actual kanji easily, and basically all the hiragana and katakana, but words... probably like 5%. And singing is a big thing for me, so I'll easily become obsessed with a song, and there is nothing I hate more than not being able to find the lyrics to a song. (It happens so often now!)

I have done lyrics by ear before then sat down with a Japanese dictionary for a few hours to get them as perfect as I could, those lyrics are on my site in fact. I bought the cds the songs were on just so I could get the lyrics since noone had put them up anywhere. (Well that and the full versions of the songs weren't available anywhere.) <.< >.> I'll also tend to buy a cd/single if I don't have a karaoke version of whatever song is on it. -.- very bad habit, very bad obsession. I really like the music for Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito and I LOVE collecting CD singles... so chances are if I don't get to buy it myself my fiance will after I do the whole "Gee I wish I had that... gosh I really want that... aw that would be so cool to have." ploy...

O.o... and I'm still trying to figure out what the english pronounciation thing meant. -.-;;; all that comes to mind is my friends. ~_~ Who after three years still can't seem to learn even Give A Reason from Slayers.

Sorry about taking the lyrics down... the comment you made just kinda shocked me and I took it as a bad thing. They're on my site anyway. And when I finally get the single I'll try to make sure they are fully correct. (And thanks for the info on the end part, it was hard to understand because of the broken Japanese-English)

And, I usually find it easier to listen to a song first, write down what i think I hear, then go through the cd booklet and lyrics if I have them. (Especially when you have those songs that say one thing but have another written. O.o.. I've noticed those types of errors on a lot of lyrics sites which tells me the people never bothered to listen to the song to make sure they got the words right. -.-) That way I know what I'm looking for, or if I get confused on something it's easier to fix. But that's my way of doing it. O.o... that and it's a good way to get a tune stuck in your head.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote