View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 23:43   Link #223
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I know I'm projecting here, but I guess I just assume the average animesuki regular is moderately 'computer literate'/technology literate, and thus has no issues with region locks.

But, yes, I'm aware that to some people, bypassing it might seem intimidating, though when even mainstream gaming sites like Joystiq/IGN love Xenoblade enough to publish guides to get past the region lock on the Wii, I start to think even a 'normal' person in the USA shouldn't have an issue with it.

As far as price goes, it was nothing like importing a Japanese game (which I've only ever done once, as I can't understand Japanese, but ended up costing me almost $90 for a PSP game), where you can spend an arm and a leg. Got my copy of Xenoblade off Ebay a little over a month ago from a seller (actual retailer on ebay, vs some random person selling his used copy), from Europe and including shipping and handling, ended up paying $55, and it took two weeks. Hardly prohibitive. Though, I'm so used to getting things in 1-2 days that the two week part was definitely a bit frustrating.

On a completely different topic, pertaining to what DKaine3 said, my perfect FFXII game would have been the non-existent version that had the improvements from IZJS while keeping the original license board. I know that sort of defeats the purpose, but I hate the restrictive board that locks you into one specific role. Yet, I love all the other quality of life improvements from the IZJS version, like improved gambits and making many of them available much earlier and improved chest spawns, etc. Of course, the perfect FFXII would also require Basch to return to being the main character, and Vaan to never have existed as originally designed. Gawd, words can't describe how much I hate how pointless Vaan is to the story (well, to be fair, so is Penelo, but she's cute, so it's hard to detest her). That hate blinded me so much that I actually hated the game the first time I played, and it wasn't until a few years later when I was able to calm down and ignore Vaan that I found myself really enjoying FFXII.

Anyways, this isn't the FFXII thread, so um...is it a rule that any character named '7/Seven' has to be awesome?
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-02-18 at 23:58.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote