View Single Post
Old 2007-02-07, 19:02   Link #28
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Kakuzu didn't use elemental attack because the first thing that happened to him when Naruto and Yamato stepped in was that his combined elemental attack (of the remaining two masks) was destroyed by Naruto and Yamato combined attack.
After that Kakuzu used his elemental attacks again, destroying two clones, and thus wasting his chakra on mere clones. And remember that there are 4 more ninja to defeat, so he cannot allow to waste chakra on mere clones. Also Naruto's attack failed too, so Kakuzu didn't expect something like this would happen, and as we saw in this chapter not even Kakashi expected something powerful like this. So why use something that has already failed, Kakuzu simply switched to another method, which is probably his basic attack method, because the masks represent people who were defeated by Kakuzu, so they and their elemental attacks should not be Kakuzu's strongest power.
So what? It's like saying that because Kakuzu destroyed Naruto's Kage Bunshin the first time Naruto shouldn't have used this jutsu again, it just doesn't make sense. Kakuzu didn't have any chakra issue, heck he was confident he could still take them all.
Remember when Zabuza was tricked by Naruto and Sasuke's combo? Now that was impressive because there wasn't a "why didn't he use this?" aftertaste.

My sole complain is that with just one more chapter showing Kakuzu trying (yet failling) with all he had Kishimoto could have made the fight much better.
I'm not saying that Naruto wouldn't have been able to win if Kakuzu had used all he got, I'm saying Naruto's victory would have been even more impressive if he did.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote