View Single Post
Old 2013-06-08, 20:50   Link #1
Metaler

Absolutely horrible visual tearing when watching... anything, really.

I don't remember when I started noticing it, but my computer has been experiencing earth-shattering amounts of visual tearing. It happens with pretty much anything on the screen that moves, not just videos, but also games. And I mean, ALL games. I was just playing Doom the other day and I STILL got visual tearing, even in a game as old as that.

Needless to say, whenever I'm watching anime and whatnot, this completely kills off the immersion, and I just bought a horror game on Steam and I can't play it because the visual tearing is driving me nuts more so than the atmosphere.

I'm not computer savvy or anything, but I tried everything: different players (I usually use Media Player Classic), Vsync, triple buffering, resolution changes, everything. Still nothing. I decided it was time to ask for help, which is why I made this thread. Is this problem solvable at all? I really hope so, as I don't want to spend money on any new parts like monitors or graphics cards.

My GPU is a Nvidia Geforce 310, monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080, with 2GB of RAM.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!