View Single Post
Old 2011-06-20, 12:15   Link #1861
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again: There wasn't a fate gruesome enough for Rolo.

Simply put, Rolo saw Shirley as someone who would get between himself and Lelouch so he removed her from the situation in the way he found most expedient: he killed her. Shirley, who's motivation was to help Lelouch, was killed because some whiney, angsty, teenage brat with an inferiority complex found her before she found Lelouch.

To put it even simpler: Shirley was the only person who could have stopped Zero Requiem from happening. Because Rolo killed her before she had a chance, that makes Rolo just as guilty as Lelouch for all the misery and death it caused. With considerably less excuse.
While I agree that Shirley's death was paticularly gruesome, and that Rolo would have done the same to Nunnally if he had the chance (or anybody else who got between him and Lelouch). The thing about Shirley actually being able to stop the Zero Requiem is an interesting thought! Do you think she would have shot Lelouch over the death of her Father, or joined his cause?
As for the rest of your post; Respect others views! We all have the right to say what's on our minds here, and if some one wants to hate a character in an anime so be it! I loved Shirley, and hated Rolo for what he did! But that doesn't mean I'm going to go out if my way bash a Shirley hater for his/her views!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote