View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 19:16   Link #987
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The barbs over misquoting seem a bit excessive to me, but anything is good if it gets people to read more Thomas Jefferson. And I'm not even American. I'm just a big believer in the Enlightenment of the 18th century, when Western intellectuals began to gain some freedom from (as well as of) religion, and individual freedom began to be seen as more important than the power of the State or the King.

As for the criminal coefficient system, it does seem a bit clumsy if it can change back and forth twice in a few minutes, as it did for the victim.

If the state and society in general are more important than the individual, we shoot people on suspicion. If the individual is more important, we do a lot to make sure we don't convict anyone who isn't guilty, even at the expense of allowing some guilty people to go free. But I'd say there is a happy medium somewhere, and it does not include dubious predictions of criminal tendencies.

But the show is highly enjoyable, anyway. Seen on the show's own terms, the new woman erred in not allowing the victim to be paralyzed when she went over the limit. It ended up putting not just the victim but the cops in mortal danger. The victim would just be taken in and treated and then returned to society. There could even be a delayed habeas corpus hearing, as has always been common, I believe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote