View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 09:27   Link #28299
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Well it seems my view was a bit different, because i was "Anime-first"....

Anyway, you still don't get what I want to say... for example the scene with Kanon, Genji and Kumasawa "finding" the guestroom with Eva and George death. As we all got to know now, it did not really happen, but the scene still looked plausible, and as long as we think about a reliable narrator, we will probably believe in that scene. There was no "magic" aside form the magic circle, that however really existed. My point is until EP1 TP there are no "flying stakes that transform into girls"...

And that was just about Legend o.t.g.W.

Then from EP2 onwards we get Beato's magic shows with goats fighting etc.

While you could say "it is good that it's none of the people that Battler knows" is a good and "heartwarming" thing, in (almost) every single twilight there is a scene described, how the victim becomes torn into pieces very detailed, mixed with "classical" music to make this look as if the murderer actually enjoys that.

The "hearwarming" scenes were clearly overshadowed, sometimes even interupted by the horror scenes.
Well there is like, Yasu able to successfully murder everyone without failling once, even when the odds are against him/her. Or perhaps the magical transformation from Shannon into Kanon over and over with perfect timings.
To me that sort of fantasy is way more "fantasy" then flying stakes. Matter of view. What does matter tho is that, at least I think, when people refer to fantasy they don't seperate things to the point you do. Fantasy = scene that didn't happen in mystery. Otherwise it just means that like, when Ronove and Beatrice are talking, it's not fantasy, because talking doesn't break the laws of physics.

Also, well, dead people talking do break the laws of physics a lot (I mean, arc 1 has that a lot, you can't say there's no pure fantasy).

But anyway you seem to think I suggest fantasy are "good" and this is really not the case. It's just like Higurashi in the end. Fantasy/sci-fi elements didn't exactly make things any happier, but it was heartwarming to learn that you know, it's not a serie about just people snapping and senselessly murder others without much sense being behind the whole thing, like some j-horror movies tend to be.
It's the same thing with Umineko, arc 5 made quite a point about that logic.
Also, magic became well... more obvious, because without that people would still try to reason out things without considering some scenes to be "fantasies". We didn't get it, so Ryuukishi put it in our face. Arc 2 still wasn't enough, so he went with ridiculously epic magic battle in arc 3 and 4.

Hope we understand each other's view now ^^;;
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote