View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 01:18   Link #85
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I have mixed feelings about the trailer itself. I definitely see the cinematic skill that went into it, but I can't help but think this isn't the right direction to take the character in.

I know that Nolan's approach worked with Batman, but Superman is a very different character.

Honestly, I think that a good, modern Superman movie should be a sci-fi, action-packed extravaganza. Loaded with glorious special effects, great action scenes, and lots of pulse-pounding moments. Now, there should be a good philosophical base for all of that; something that you can really get emotionally invested in and think about; but a Superman movie shouldn't be some dark character drama, imo.

It can have darker elements, to be sure, but the character himself should be a "f yeah!" character if ever there was one (i.e. Superman should have several scenes that makes the audience just want to do celebratory fistpumps over the latest cool super-feat or him kicking some villain's ass). That's how you make Superman relevant again. Not by making him a poor man's Batman.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-12-12 at 01:54.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote