View Single Post
Old 2013-06-21, 02:09   Link #99
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We who are "enlightened" about the light novels have been cursed with the knowledge of the original media that it is very difficult to explain questions from anime-only viewers without mentioning spoiler content. Thus, a dilemma emerges: either to answer without a guarantee that spoilers are given consideration, or to leave it for the anime-only viewers to find out on their own.
This is not a dilemma. The answer is ALWAYS leave it for the anime-only viewers to find out on their own. It's not like I haven't been a source material reader before. It's tough keeping your mouth shut, but that's what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There is also no point in having certain threads that are impulsively made and left empty (see Powers, Abilities, and Valuation).
I asked if people thought it was worth creating a thread, and some people thought yes. Clearly they thought wrong. I can delete it. It's not a problem.

Edit: I deleted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
For example: Look at "Anime Design Change for the "Sisters"" thread and "Motivations and Morality" thread . Don't you see that those threads are "death" after the conversation ended or when all questions get answered?

Since those discussions started from the ep. we watched, don't you think it's better to just let us finish it in the episode thread right away?
It's not a problem for threads about a certain topic to have a limited life-cycle, because later on down the road someone may want to review the conversation and join in. Having it be buried in the middle of some other episode thread makes it harder to find later on, because you have to remember "what episode was it when we discussed that thing again?" Episode threads are not "weekly threads about Railgun", they're threads to discuss the episode.

Anyway, this thread is even less the place to discuss thread management philosophy, as it's even more off-topic.