View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 11:16   Link #4434
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Yes, but he wasn't a game breaker. He didn't dominate games. When you take a receiver that high in the draft with all the hype that surrounded him coming out of college, you expect AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones production. Crabtree is barely looking like a decent number two receiver. He never gets separation down the field unless it's against the Rams defense. Morgan can at least do that. Honestly I'm about done with Crabtree as a fan. For all of the crap he pulled as a rookie with holding out and continuously getting hurt up until year, missing training camps, he's definitely not looking like he was a top ten pick. 49ers should have traded down and got Hakeem Nicks instead.
I agree with you in that he hasn't lived up to his promise, but I think that Crabtree's separation issues do stem from the fact that most teams were prioritizing on shutting him down use to the fact that they knew that Alex Smith only had one other viable receiving target: Vernon Davis. This is why I think that The Niners really need more depth in their receiving corp.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote