View Single Post
Old 2006-01-29, 18:43   Link #97
ninraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan
but i doubt the others will become important in the story.
Ehh I have to disagree. Oda is really patient and has so many different stories waiting to go into. The schichibukai are credible villains that he is saving up for huge parts of the series. Mihawk probably will be saved for the end for Zoro.

I was thinking that at some point Luffy is going to be asked to join the schichibukai at some point. Hell, his name fits the anime scheme, Monkey D. Luffy. After Enies Lobby, the straw hats are going to be world famous, and whoever hasn't heard of them before will now. Kokoro has already predicted that. Using well known pirates to intimidate others is what the schichibukai are about anyway, thats why they were hesitant to have blackbeard join because no one knew about him.

I'm sure no one has rejected an offer to be the shichibukai and lived to tell about it. Who knows if the 7 now are the original 7. If crocodile is going to be replaced, who's to say it hasn't been done before. I think the world government would offer him the posistion as long as he doesn't allow Robin to persue the lost history. That way they both would gain something. But Luffy would obviously refuse. So I bet the other members would feel it being a slap in the face, as if he was too good to join, and would go after him, or be ordered to go after him.

Anyway, I just can't see oda not using the device to the fullest. It would be a waste for any of the schichibukai to not be used, and if they are used it automatically becomes important.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote