View Single Post
Old 2008-04-19, 12:14   Link #1011
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So then why doesn't Soul Eater have a subforum. Those of us who don't care about reading manga related anime spoilers can have a convenient spot to go to.

Also, if it's properly labeled then those that open it have only themselves to blame.
It ... really ... isn't ... THAT ... hard to figure out which is the anime thread and which is the manga thread. So I've got zero sympathy for people who can't tell the difference. If they can find "the pub" and read the rules, they can observe the local etiquette. Manga Thread

Fansubs Forum Guidelines - Ojisan calls it a "Must Read!"
Particularly note:
Quote:
As always use spoiler tags where appropriate. Not everyone likes to be spoiled. Never put spoilers in the thread's main title as this will be displayed for everyone to see. If you decide to use spoiler tags please mark them appropriately, getting spoiled from a incorrectly marked spoiler tag is no fun. I understand many Anime series are also available in manga form. Please keep all manga related discussion in the Manga Forum. In doing so this will prevent confusion and keep accidental manga spoilers down to the minimum. Any deliberate use of posting spoilers without spoiler tags and exclusive manga material can be deleted and possibly bans could be handed out. For instructions on using the spoiler tag function, see the Spoiler Tag FAQ.
Back to the discussion:
I'm reading the manga scans in parallel with the series so as not to spoil myself. I'm really quite surprised the manga hasn't been picked up for english translation given some of the absolute drivel that does get up. (edit: I was just informed that Yen Press may have licensed the manga.).
So far my main worry in viewing the anime as a "stand-alone effort" is that with a planned 50+ episodes, the anime will fall into the "egg of the week battle" recycle trap. I'm taking on faith that there's a well-etched overall story arc that minimizes that feeling.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-04-19 at 12:39.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote