Thread: Licensed K-On! Manga discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 21:26   Link #1899
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

It'll be a very interesting premise if K-on morphs into a long runner about the various members of the Light Music Club, through the years, as members come and ago. It'll be fitting, actually, if the story of K-on was not the story of Yui, but the story of a club.
I can't say *I'd* be fond of it and it isn't really even very original -- that's essentially how Lucky*Star went and (imo) it pretty much damaged the franchise. I certainly stopped following it when the camera stayed "in the room" while the characters moved on.

As Goggen notes, it implies the characters are disposable/interchangeable -- which is anathema to a series that is totally dependent on character interaction between unique characters. The new characters did not have nearly the same feel ... and it just amplified the appearance that the author is just using a matrix diagram to create characters.

I'm okay with expanding the cast (if we can trace direct connections to the original group) ... but even that can become unmanageable or leave no one actually getting any "screen time".

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-15 at 21:39.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote