View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 16:20   Link #29106
Aethos

Well I find myself having one other theory though it's probably completely wrong. Though I feel like we've been trying to find a human culprit so long that we may have overlooked the fact that maybe...

That there is no human culprit. It seems to me that Eva was trying to solve the epitaph so that she could find the gold but wasn't able to get far on her own. Thus when Battler came to the island and knowing Battler's love of mysteries. Eva enlisted his help to solve the epitaph. Battler not being able to resist a good mystery and of course not being able to refuse his aunt agreed and the two set off to solve it after everyone had seperated after the adults met.

Now I doubt one of the adults could've easily smuggled a bomb to the island so if there is a culprit then it's not a human one. Remember that the island was built on a WW2 base. That must mean that maybe during the mansions construction they missed an underground bunker full of live ammunition or maybe a live bombshell that for some reason hadn't gone off, but then something triggered either of those to explode causing the accident and killing everyone except Eva and Battler who by then had made it to the underground passage. Since lets face it if the explosion changed the terrain that much afterwards there's no way it's some homemade bomb.

Eva and Battler then decided to split up. Probably under the excuse that it'd be faster to find a way off the island that way. Eva sent Battler the opposite way of Kuwadorian so she could go there herself to find the gold. Since she had a pretty good idea it was there by that time. Battler of course found the submarine base and escaped while Eva waited for rescue on the island.
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote