View Single Post
Old 2012-12-05, 18:49   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Who did you say was writing fanfiction here... By your alternative timeline she should have been screeming "Ahhh freedoommmm! Glory!!!" when Rita dropped in; not to say you're wrong and that proves whatever I say is true, but what I mean is her screaming is out of character, when she barely speaks as-is. You know why that is right? She's too tired most of the time, to speak. If the "talented" have-to succumb to the whim's of some majority, does that apply for hard-working people too? If you put in the hard work, are you allowed to choose then, or are you still the tool of the highest bidder?
Admittedly my emotions got the better of me when I wrote that first line- I've already removed it from my post before you posted this.

That being said however, why are you acting like there is a Sugou somewhere behind the scenes adjusting his glasses smugly? There isn't a villainous mastermind behind the scenes in this story. All this comes down to is which of her work is better suited in honing her talent.

Quote:
If your point is that she needs to inspire (a lot of) people, then in Japan manga will reach an wider audience. Rita made it a point that (plot wise) Mashiro's fans are in England (or more or less the door way to her fans and glory is there). If you want to support their claim to Mashiro's life then obviously her going back to painting means going back to England. Otherwise all paths are equal, and Manga & Japan have more possibilities benefiting Mashiro; while Painting & England stand to only benefit others.
Wait, are you suggesting that manga beats museum gallery every single time ?