View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 17:58   Link #72
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'd be more interested in Elder Scrolls Online if the character design aesthetics weren't typical Bethesda horrible. The way my characters look is pretty important to me.
If I recall, the designs weren't by Beth but by Zenimax. Some feel that ESO should be as eye-pleasing as Skyrim.

On my two cents about this matter: in my country, traditional subscription-based and F2P systems are in use, especially in the case of Ragnarok Online and RF Online, both operated by Level-Up; the former is for those who want the classic feel and without the whiny kiddies ruining the game, the latter is best suited for those who like to play for free but have to pay for certain items.

By my experience, however, F2P seems to favor those who have the money to get to the top, and sometimes being exploited for RMT, anywhere from high-level in-game weapons and armor, to gold in exchange for game credits. Furthermore, with an MMO advertised as F2P, expect a low-quality community full of angry, greedy kids that's been spoiled too much. (I finally got burned out at level 175 in a Korean-made F2P, because by that point neither I have the time nor the money to go any further; currently as you know I'm playing Skyrim without the emotional baggage associated with MMOs.)