View Single Post
Old 2006-08-22, 19:59   Link #19
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ikari
Something like Zero no Tsukaima or Shakugan no Shana would be great. Thanks and I'm sorry if this was asking too much.
If you liked those then you'll also like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'll recommend Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and say:
A quirky romance about a photographer who tangles up with a young vampire. It has the odd nature of being quite funny and seriously tragic/sad and yet it works. It also has one of the most mind-sapping catchy OPs you might ever encounter and the EDs (several) are quite wistful.
You might also enjoy Karin (another story about a vampire girl who injects blood into people rather than sucking it in). Though it lacks the amusing banter between the two main leads that Tsukuyomi, Shana and Zero no Tsukaima have, it makes up for it with one of the more memorably amusing vampire families in anime.
Mahoraba is not like any of those shows, but is probably one of my favorite romance animes ever. Cute and funny and stars a girl with MPD and a boy who wants to write children's books.

And, of course, the normal recommendations of Honey and Clover, Aishiteruze Baby, Touch, REC, Lamune, etc.

As for Watase - I wasn't really a fan of Fushigi Yugi, but I've been trying to give Absolute Boyfriend a try. I have a feeling I'll enjoy her writing more in short, controlled bursts.