View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 14:40   Link #130
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat Lim View Post
What got most people upset over this episode was when Kotonoha cut Sekai up to see whether there's a fetus or not. Even though we may never be able to confirm whether Sekai was telling the truth or not about her pregnancy, the camera perspective gave the impression that the Sekai's unborn child itself was witnessing the womb being cut open.

Coupled with the line "There's no one inside" that Kotonoha says at the end, the camera perspective became one of horror because of the impression that Kotonoha would be leaving behind a still alive being that will soon die because she believes that there is 'no one' there.

It's like watching someone leaving a burning house thinking that there's no one left but only you know there's still a child sleeping in the basement. Yet you are powerless to do anything or rescue the child. The horror of leaving an innocent behind to perish is a powerful emotion.
There's no one to rescue. Even if she was pregnant (and I personally believe she wasn't) the fetus can't survive.
I believe the camera view was NOT implying the presence of a fetus, but rather the only way to show a disembowelment without actually displaying too much gore. It's a technical issue, imho.

Quote:
Are you talking about the 'Nice Boat' incident that happened in the States? If so, nah, the Japanese don't care what happens over here enough to put it in an anime.
Someone in 4-chan created the term. But it was the Japanese people in 2-chan who turned it into a meme. So it's technically Japanese.