Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 09:17   Link #5410
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
However, inflation is still an everyday thing. Petrol prices are on the up again and so are interest rates. However, I did note that when this whole thing started all of it was thrown out the window. For the days when I started hearing about this (so after the failure and liquidation of a large American financial firm in late 2008. Lehman Brothers. I can't be bothered looking because it's like late at night) not one news report mentioned petrol, inflation and foreclosure.
This is due to Australia's multi-faceted and mixed economy. US invested largely in bonds because it provides a steady yet large income of returns + instalments, so when it crashes, most of the economy crashed with it.

Conventional wisdom of investment and economics dictate the "divide and conquer" strategy of not putting all your money in just the baracat game, bet some on poker or the slot machines too so you won't lose everything in just one game.

This is just Economics and Finance actually. Quite simple in the basic idea to understand and apply IMO. If you want something more general and agreed, you can always agree with the typical American ignorance comment, but that isn't really applicable considered how majority of the human race aren't interested in the business of others.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.