View Single Post
Old 2010-03-07, 20:16   Link #3520
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Does anyone know what "bitdefender firewall NDIS filter driver" is for? Recently I had some BSOD and did some search on google based on the last BSOD with the NDIS.sys. PPL with BSOD had also BSOD with the nvidia drivers too. They said turning off "bitdefender firewall NDIS filter driver" would solve the problem. I know this is from bitdefender but I dunno what this filter is for.
NDIS stands for Network Driver Interface Specification, and it's the interface specification network card drivers use to talk to the Windows operating system. Bitdefender is inserts itself at that layer to do its active protection. It doesn't say so much what its function is (although it is kind of implied) specifically as much as what level of the system it is filtering at.

My first guesses are that the ndis.sys driver is infected or that something is interfering with BitDefender. Upload your ndis.sys file to http://www.virustotal.com/ and see what it reports. If it seems clean, uninstall BitDefender and then reinstall it (or, preferably, something such as Avira or Avast instead).

Or switch to Linux.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote