View Single Post
Old 2010-11-25, 19:51   Link #1683
KazePT
Witch Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
....that's not a logical conclusion to what Renall's saying at all. And even then, since the various episodes of Umineko ARE a fiction being written by authors in universe (Featherine, the message bottles, etc), we can question the contents of the stories and their validity. It's perfectly alright to do so, and even expected. Moreover, it is perfectly and entirely fair, since this point was stressed before Yasu even came up.
Oh God.
I never said we shouldn't speculate about what we see, in fact everyone knows that most of what we see(saw) is not the truth but metaphors of the truth.
What I was trying to say is that we have to know that some of what we see is true, especially when we enter the Chiru arcs or you never get the chance to follow a real line of logical reasoning, only if you are some sort magician too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
The whydunnist exists regardless of whether or not the blood connections exist. Even if there is no blood connection, Yasu believes it is and is acting on that premise. A whydunnit is allowed to be based on a misconception.
Then again, I was just trying to get across that a blood connection isn't totally worthless, and can play a part on a whydunnit.
(And, if we base a whydunnit in a misconception, of course we fall into a never ending reasons for anyone in the masion to become the murderer).