View Single Post
Old 2012-12-29, 02:05   Link #31531
ErenselTheJester

Yo guys! I'm back from the dead!

I see that not much has happened since I was away and seemingly not much has been concluded. You guys are still talking about some of the old mysteries that has plagued us during Umineko's EP releases, and I'm just loving it right now.

Of course, I didn't leave without some theories in thought. I'm still under the notion that the nature of the entire game, in its entirety, is that of a Logic Debate. I figured that the Witch Hunters, Ikuko, Tohya, Ange, and various others were discussing the matter in 1986, thus making up the "Meta" scenes that we see. The actual stories are of course the original Letters and the Forgeries of which we are trying to seek the answer.

Knowing this much, I had to figure out the nature of Red, Blue, and Gold Truths. Red Truths seem to be same in nature as postulates or assumptions that theories are based on. Blue Truths are basically arguments in nature. Gold Truths, however, are something puzzling; sadly, I couldn't figure out anything for them beyond them being opinions of some sort.

With all that out of the way, I could focus on the actual mysteries (which is hard to do since every other scene was Meta or Fantasy).

Basically, I had to get rid of all notions of Colored Truths and just stick to the text much like I would any other mystery. I understand this is a very unorthodox and possibly foolish thing to do but I was actually able to figure alot off of doing so.

What I was able to figure out was that the family did learn of Kinzo's death during the conference. My initial evidence would be the Adults' growing interest in the subject in each episode. There's also considering that the Siblings would keep track over Kinzo's finances (which I think Kyrie had confessed in doing) in order to stay on top of their inheritance and thus have figured out that Krauss was doing something with it.

I also theorize that they knew of Beatrice's existence as well but, first, the family would have to solve the epitaph. After doing so, Beatrice's (or Yasu's) would be introduced to the family not only as Kinzo's illegitimate child but also the new head of the family. The moments where she meets members of the family in the Letters and Forgeries might be a reflection of this. Again, nothing concrete and, as of the moment of formulating this theory, I'm disregarding anything can give it substance.

And, of course, Yasu isn't the killer (in Prime). I believe Battler's words to her at the end of EP8 is confirmation of that.

I'm, of recently, converting to the George Prime Culprit Theory. I must make the distinction that I don't believe he is the culprit of the murders in the Forgeries and Letters, as posited by George Culprit Theory. Rather, he's the culprit in Prime by flipping the switch and detonating the bombs. He does fit the bill since Yasu's confessions of being Shannon and Kanon as well as the head of the family would possibly make him snap.

I figured this from postulating that the culprit must not care for the gold neither his own family nor the servants. Under these conditions, no one would fit the bill. However, assuming that Yasu came out with the truth, the two people who would be most affected by it would George and Jessica. George seems to be the most likely to go crazy from it due to his dedication towards their relationship. I don't mean to pull a Kinzo pun here, but I wouldn't put it past George to go crazy due to heartbreak.

Now, if someone wouldn't mind putting up anything that would go against or for this. I did do this disregarding Red Truths, so I'm not sure whether any of this is even remotely close to right.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote