View Single Post
Old 2016-06-15, 17:54   Link #17
crazyidiot78

Oh I agree with you on hype backlash completely. Also if you are going for cultural impact then yes the original sailor moon has to be at the top of the list, as well as Haruhi for really starting the Moe craze.

Fun fact about the original gundam, what saved it was middle aged housewife's watching it for Char, and the romance aspects of it. Apparently it did not do well in its first run, but was a hit in later syndication.

I'll also grant you Bleach was different when it first came out but broody ichigo did get old and it drug on for far to long.

I still stand by my stance on Gen Urobochi and his shows, but hey different strokes for different folks. I think a large part of it for the Fate stuff is that so many of the characters are sociopaths, or other degenerates. I mean seriously the kill 1 to save 100 thing is just to over the top for me. Also the whole bit with Sakura, surely someone would have noticed something wrong with the girl and stepped in. I will admit a bit of a cultural dissidence here as she would be more likely to be left alone in Japan rather than in the states. Ditto for Shirou, I mean characters in the show admit and tell him he is broken and yet nothing is done about it. Rant over and sorry about that.

On another note, I find it interesting that we aren't seeing more Studio Ghibli films listed here. Do you think that's because we haven't watched them, or don't see them as influential as other titles. I ask because I think they are a good gate way vehicle to get people interested in anime.
crazyidiot78 is offline   Reply With Quote