Thread: Licensed Genshiken
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-29, 07:26   Link #64
Mentar
Banned

To be honest, I didn't like it too much, and I know for sure that I wouldn't enjoy a long run with this setup.

Why?

Because the characters have become too wacky and extreme. At least I have difficulties relating to them, where in the past, I had no problems whatsoever. The setup is also problematic: Most of the show has revolved around the tension between the "normal" people played by charismatic Saki and the otaku world. And even here, a certain degree of "normalness" was retained, at least I could easily imagine meeting the old bunch. But the new one?

Kucchi is simply getting on my nerves. Ogiue (who I generally like) is so riddled with issues that it's not even funny anymore. Ohno is well-known, and the new characters seem pretty extreme. So, while I would get a feeling of "that's a place I could fit in" with the old cast, I doubt that I'd want to stick around with the new one.

80% of my fun with the old Genshiken was watching "normal" Saki grappling and eventually coming to terms with the otaku world. I don't see who could replace her...