View Single Post
Old 2012-01-22, 12:39   Link #32
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Thanks a lot to MinuSeveN, 0utf0xZer0, and Dr. Casey for the feedback! Since they are a bit split on a couple of the questions, I'd love to get feedback from other readers as well.

However, what I have so far is pretty helpful, and I have a good idea now of where I want to go with the fanfic.

For key, essential scenes that Madoka is off-camera for, I might use the dream idea that 0utf0xZer0 suggested (that's a really creative idea, thanks!), or I'll go with B, C, or D given what MinuSeveN and Dr. Casey suggested. A is now ruled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
1. If this was more like your normal Visual Novel and choices could block off certain paths, I would consider the pace a bit overwhelming. Thanks to this story's format, though, where the results of every choice are laid out for us, I think the update schedule is no problem. It's always nice to get some more story to read, besides.
That's good to know then. I'll try to keep to a Chapter per 2/3 days approach then.

Quote:

2. I don't think there's any such thing as too long really, though the chapter length is good. I mean, if I don't mind the very very long and detailed Higurashi (That probably took me upwards of 100 hours to read )... I naturally gravitate towards long stories, at Fanfiction.net I use the >100,000 words option to find the longest stories. On that note, I do think the results for the choices are too short much of the time.
With Chapter 6, the results of choices will become longer and more elaborate, creating break points from which readers will start going off on entirely separate paths.

In fact, I might as well ask this here: Once that happens, do readers want me to write one route to its completion and then later go back to where the key break point occurred (picking it up to continue on with the other route), or should I write two or more routes simultaneously (like split the chapter into two halves, one for each route).

Quote:
And I'm really, really glad that a Visual Novel is being produced for this already.
I am too. Big thanks again to naamio for that. It makes things a lot more fun to see my writing turned into an actual VN as I'm going along.

Quote:
I have to mention how adorable this line is, though.

Okay, so...

These opportunity choices are a really great addition to the story, I hope there's a number of them showing many different stages of Madoka's life.
I'll try to throw in a couple more (aside from the obvious romance route-based ones) to make things interesting. In fact, that's partly why I thought of inserting an OC antagonist into the narrative, just to provide something really different.

Quote:
I think I'll read all these opportunity choices whether I'm applicable or not, because I doubt I'd ever be able to find them all in the Visual Novel. On that note, I hope 18 year old Madoka is illustrated in the game, because I bet she'll be bangin' once she gets older. (High school is three years in Japan, by the way Or at least, I think it usually is. Dunno if there's any exceptions or not.)
Older Madoka is illustrated in the game, yeah. Well, kind of. I used an image of a different, older anime character, and touched it up to make her look more like Madoka.

Quote:
As for 7C, well, I think I'm prone to choosing any option that might result in conflict or tension, and this didn't disappoint. Mami seems a bit irritated here... between 6C and 7C, it seems as though there's been more chances to lose affection points with Mami than the other characters. She might hate Madoka more than Homura by the time the story's done.
As people who watched the anime know, time is of the essence for Mami. So I have to throw in a lot of Mami-focused choices already.

Quote:

Interesting that the story takes place so far into the future, according to the Bambi being over 100 years old reference...
Good pick-up! Yeah, I'm intending for the story to be placed about 45 to 55 years in the future. That seems appropriate given the overall tech level showed in PMMM.

Quote:
if Hare and Shu are old enough to have children around Madoka's age, this must be set around the middle 2050s at earliest, maybe the 2060s-2070s. Interesting, interesting. I'm an old man when all this is going on.

Anyway, it's close to two in the morning and I'm getting pretty sleepy, so I'll leave it at that. Really enjoying this.
Glad you're liking it. I should have the next Chapter up in a day or two.