View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 14:58   Link #5055
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
trowa is the old brother that quatre never had in his life
Trowa is pretty much the older bro none of the pilots ever had. He is the only one Heero ever listens to, the only one Wu Fei openly expressed worry for, Duo's chess buddy and Quatre's dad sans mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Damn you! I spend most of last night watching GW in Spanish.
Sorry. I hope you had fun at least.

And thanks for the clarification. And for the info on Latin America's dubs. I guess the North Americans were the only ones, who were really uptight about yaoi/yuri. And stupidly so. I agree with FalsePrime. Seriously, cousins??? Way to go folks, you just turned a lesbian couple into a lesbian incest couple.
I remember the Germans tried to censor the first season's yaoi by changing Zoisite's gender. Too bad the characters would randomly refer to "her" as him every other time though. xD

Lately, censoring is running rampant though. I can understand people removing cursing or sexual innuendo in a kids' program. What I can't understand is why they remove blood, because I don't get why they'd choose a series like DBZ or Naruto to show little kids in the first place. Naruto for example has been edited to death. It's not even about butchering the story; a kid watching kids throw knives at each other, yet such an action having no negative effects (because some cucumber brain edited it out) is way more harmful than leaving it there in my opinion. Another thing is giving the marines in One Piece freaking Super Soakers to replace their guns. Are you kidding me? And what's wrong with nudity? As in, little Goku walking around naked with his junk showing? That was the funniest part in the episode. "STOP SCRATCHING YOURSELF THERE!!" xD Good times, good times...

It's not like kids are going to become messed up if they see blood or same-sex relationships. That'll just teach them how life can be. Heck, I grew up with Ren & Stimpy. Now, that's one messed up show. But do you see me talking to my snot or wearing a monkey suit pretending to be an ape in a zoo? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
But then Sumizawa would sit there without much of a plot and then he would be sad.
I find the plot to be already incoherent as it is. They froze Relena because her death would mean 3 billion people die. Okay. But aren't you technically dead when you're frozen?
I still don't understand the necessity for the time skip either. Or the incredibly varied character designs. Or the army of Catherines.

Quote:
Not liking yaoi and being a homophobe are two very different things, the latter of which isn't cool.
Agreed. susyia, being gay has nothing to do with someone's abilities on the battlefield. I'm assuming you're referring only to anime shows, hence your stereotyping, but please be careful not to voice your opinion in a demeaning manner, when it can be taken as being directed at actual humans.

I also can't agree with your "there's no gay character in GW," even though I'd like to. As much as it irks me to say this, until proven false, every assumption is correct. I could claim there's a planet in the universe populated by pink unicorns and rainbow-colored kittens and no one could say I'm wrong, as long as the entire universe hasn't been searched to prove there is none. Same with GW. True, it's not hinted at (at least for the non-Spanish dubs ), so there is little reason to assume a character would be gay. Many times it's even ruled out by someone being either married or fathering a child (something some people don't want to get into their thick skulls). But there's still a slim chance it's the case for others. Who knows what a writer might smoke someday.

That's why I don't like making claims that sound like facts. No, I don't see anyone in GW being gay. I see no hints. Even less so since the series is hardly focused on the characters and much less on their relationships. But I can't say "none of them are, period" when there's still an (unlikely) possibility. Besides, if it's not a random asspull to please shippers, I'd even be okay with it.

Well, that goes only for normal homosexuals. I will not stand for this kind of crap:
[WARNING: What has been seen cannot be unseen]
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'll laugh at anyone's face trying to tell me Quatre is like this abomination. Sadly, that's standard uke appearance. And sadly, that's yaoi fans' standard portrayal of Quatre. Or Duo. Or Wu Fei when paired with Treize.
And here's where my kneejerk reaction starts. People like this? Fine. But trying to justify one's fantasies and/or self-projection by claiming this nonsense is in the series and listing so-called "facts," that only go from "he wears a pink shirt!" to "he's voiced by a woman!" to show Quatre is gay (as far as anime portrayals go), is plainly stupid. It's one's preference. There's no need to justify it. But go tell that to the rabid shippers.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2012-10-25 at 03:31. Reason: wording
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote