View Single Post
Old 2006-10-24, 10:27   Link #308
wao
OK.

Well if anything Suzaku looked extremely CLAMP-like. To the point that he looked way too much like a bit of whatsisname from Tsubasa Chronicles... Don't like the hairstyle. And I think Kimutaka can come up with a better range of character builds than that long stretched type, but I guess he wanted to keep them similar.

I actually did see a picture which had sketches of some of the characters done by CLAMP, but I don't know where it is. It didn't look that different, I think...

But I'm hoping that the drawings in the show will at least possibly veer towards one of the Main animators' styles, that is Yuriko Chiba's... I love her stuff - even her designs for the original To Heart series felt very skilled and appealed to me despite me not liking most of the rest of the show, and I can't stop going gaga over her adaptations of the PLANETES manga designs: that was absolute top-class to me, something I judge other anime by. I loved her correcting work done in Eureka 7 as well... But it might just be a bit difficult to see her skills through these kinds of designs. (To be frank I was surprised she was going to be so involved in this series.) I wonder if those really nice shots of Lelouch looking deliciously evil were corrected/drawn by her.