View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 07:10   Link #2689
NeoSam

A trailer and a CG anime movie:
From AnimeNation Blog:

Quote:
Production I.G. Reveals New CG Anime Film
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Production I.G. has formally revealed its development of a full CG anime film titled “Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror” (Hottarake no Shima: Haruka to Maho no Kagami). The co-production with the Fuji TV network is co-authored by Hirotaka Adachi, better known as the “Otsuichi,” the author of the Goth novel and the Calling you manga, and Shinsuke Sato (director of the 2001 Princess Blade sci-fi action film), who will also direct the film. The film is tentatively scheduled for a summer 2009 release.

The film is the story of teen girl “Haruka,” who gets lost in a mystical world of creatures that collect the forgotten and abandoned treasures of childhood.

Reportedly the film is being created with a new proprietary animation system that translates hand-drawn images into 3D CG. Production I.G. and Fuji TV hope that this new animation technology will allow them to compete with the popularity of major Hollywood produced CG animation films.
Quote:
Junjo Romantica 2 Trailer Available
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The official homepage for the Junjo Romantica boys love anime television series, based on Shungiku Nakamura’s manga, now hosts a streaming trailer for the first episode of the show’s second season, which is scheduled for broadcast this weekend. The first Junjo Romantica television series aired from this April to August.

Source: Anime News Network