View Single Post
Old 2010-03-20, 17:46   Link #6218
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
She was asking Hayate a question, and he replied to her. That was no imagination of her because she ACTUALLY did hit the ball before asking him the question, "Am I amazing?"
No. Look at the left uppermost panel of the first page. Hina starts thinking. "If I do too well, he won't see me as a weak girl anymore." - She then begins to imagine what might happen if she annihilated them, and we see Gilbert and the bot on the floor, battered and _admitting defeat_. Turning to Hayate, wishing to get praised, she imagines him staring at her with cold eyes, calling her a "wild animal". This very thought shocks her so much that she returns from her thoughts with a "!!!" shriek, and subsequently botches the reception.

How do we know that it was just Hina's thoughts? First of all, the game is still ongoing - Gilbert and the bot were not defeated. When Hina played the weak girl, Hayate believed that she might be sick. And what he REALLY thinks of Hina was shown after the match, see THIS page:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c224/3.html

And that was even AFTER Hina mauled them with max power. Why would Hayate have such an extreme change of heart?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote