View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 09:55   Link #5807
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
From everything I've read in LN, Campiones can learn fighting abilities such as martial arts and magic through training, but they can only learn how to use their authorities (this seems to apply only to the authorities) through actual combat, it is a condition imposed by the powerful magic which creates the Campiones (explained by Pandora on vol11).

As to what is absorbed during the usurpation of authorities, always seemed to me that Campione acquires an ability that is related to the characteristics of the god he killed, however the Campione's authority resulted from the procedure is shaped to match the characteristics of the Campione. To me it seemed also that part of the essence of life from God was also transferred, increasing the magic power of the Campione.
That about authorities being shaped to the Campione i think it's not true. Somewhere in the novel was mentioned that not the authority, but the god's characteristics resemble a Campione, example is Godou who was taught by an old man that always think of victory, and he acquired authority from the god of victory Verethragna, Voban's firs authority was Apollo and his wolves which i think fits his personality very well, Doni defeated Nuadha, god with silver arm and a sword that cuts through all existence and so on. So i think that authorities aren't shaped to the Campione but their personality is ideal for the authorities.
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote