View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 09:37   Link #44
Haikea

Environments should be much more modifiable and changes should stay forever, if it is desired. Good physics means little if they are not used widely. Also I would like to see higher resolution textures and higher drawing distance without that annoying level of detail popping.

AI is something which always fails in complex situations. I don't know if it is because lack of calculation power or because programmers can't code good enough. Sound environment is still living in "sprite" age meaning there is not really any realtime sound simulation. Just bunch of sound files which are running through various filters. I consider it as "2D" audio. True "3D" audio means realtime simulation.

Steady smooth frame rate without tearing or random stuttering is something which I consider very important. I haven't seen that since NES/SNES/Mega Drive gaming console. Also LCD screens made this thing impossible to execute. You either get fast screen with full of flaws in image quality or slow screen with near perfect image quality.