Old 2007-10-13, 10:03   Link #12947
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

BACKLOG RIOT ZAMBER, ACTIVATE!

This time, I'll make sure you won't regenerate! *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Gahhhh I knew it! You and your insanely long bluecheese! Ever since our days back in that moron-filled forums, your essays have killed the brains of many. ARGH!!! *goes and save the whole thing into a word file to read later*
Don't expect me to read this on a browser!
You know I've been repeating this for the umpteenth times already, but just for the sake of it ...

Old habits die hard.

Quote:
Actually PF has been around for a month or so and I've been around since August.
He's my sempai!

Quote:
Here's the rest of my OCs interview.
Spoiler for ”Jean and Sylvia”:

Note to self: Never use microsoft word to write my stuff before pasting it here, if it involves numberings.
Sylvia is so cute in monosyllables and an undoubted master of the art of body language. And Jean is so outright and direct, it makes me wonder how they communicate.

Itsuki is so fortunate, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yokata... I thought I've made it too cheesy...

Nah, think of this as a one-shot, but I will be making references once in awhile...
Well, it's unique in its own sense. I'm going to listen to that song again ... it's rather soothing (and the background animation is funny ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Ah, tis a shame. While I may enjoy indulging myself in alternate-universe RPing on occasion, it seems that this is one dimension that has no room to spare for someone like me. I tend to keep my characters on the "Supporting actor" level of the uberness scale. I always enjoy creating an original hero in an interesting universe, but never one that can tip the balance and steal the spotlight away from the original source material's lead characters. From a glance at Kha's official fanon timeline, it doesn't seem like there's any place for a character who doesn't have three S's to their rank, and anything I came up with would probably be about a AA at the most extreme, which is still unbelievably strong. . . Unless I'm getting the wrong vibe here.
No, no, don't be intimidated by the sheer size of the OCs in this thread. Most of them are lower-ranked, though some protagonists need to be high-leveled for their storyline. Anyway, I have only one S-ranked protagonist, the rest are A-ranked and below.

And by the way, welcome!

Quote:
Jeno: "Everyone, listen! Keroko from the Rogue Squadron is bi!"
Is there something wrong with her being a bi? She'd be perfect for many scenes! I mean, not those scenes, but these scenes!

*cough* I am an advocate of individual sexual orientation. *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Wow, it's certainly been popular I'll have to get around to it a bit later. Could I ask that those who've already done the meme for their characters link the post to the respective profiles? It'll be good reference material if we want to borrow OC's for fics
Sure thing, I do keep all my links together (even unnecessary ones).

I'll compile one when I have time.

Quote:
WOW!!!

Nicely written here that raises alot more questions, while answering some of the ones raised before It was interesting to see the discussion between the enemy about the use of Hounds of Artemis, some nice points that you raised that show us that although what they're usuing is powerful, it's quite dangerous for the user as well.

The introduction of the third party this early on was a little bit of a surprise, but one that is tied in nicely. It seems that they know who the enemy is now, as well as helping Subaru out as well.

The warning /prophecy was well written. I'll be looking forward to the next part
I started questioning myself when I wrote that piece (lol), because the warning's so vague I don't know how I got it in the first place.

The third party's going to be involved in a lot of things in the next chapter, so I need to somehow "introduce" them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Of course we'll enjoy it. Although it's not as emotional except the first part, it is good. Nice to see things being build up nicely.

Though... did you ever write on FF.net?

I swore I've seen this writing style somewhere before... it's almost 95% similar...
Nope, I've never written on FF.net. Mind linking me to that particular author?

Quote:
P.S - Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I had LoweGear photoshop this image for me...

Once again, it's not exactly my ideal image, but this is Jeno

He fits what I have in mind when I read your piece. Dark, brooding, and exceptionally cool.

Except for a soft spot for Spica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisavateraMX View Post
Personally, I think having 666 Linker Cores isn't really much of a help when it hurts so much to use it all.
I'm of the opinion that it's impossible to have 666 Linker Cores, though it depends on how you expand the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisavateraMX View Post
@ Anyone who doesn't mind answering this: And just one last question. In your opinion, do you think I should let the story speak for itself, or should I go on doing these intros? GEH. Not sure if that's good or bad.
It actually is your own preference. I let the story speak for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
pseudo male tsundere?
The thought of a "pseudo-male" is ... disturbing.

*extends a pseudopodium*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
OH. MY. GOD.

This is incredible! You're definitely on the road to becoming one of the masters of BLUECHEESIUM here!

Anyway, I loved it. The character interactions were well-detailed and suitable, the writing style is immersive and does NOT bore you regardless of length. The characters in themselves are quite varied with noticable quirks and dispositions... Are you a writer in a writing club in university perhaps? This is simply novel-worthy.

Good work!

Master of Bluecheesium? USO!

It's a bit sudden, but I thought I saw an Oscar stage ...

*cries manly hotblooded tears*

*snaps back to reality*

Ehem. No, I don't think I qualify yet. Most of the Masters of Bluecheesium here have exceptional writing styles and elaborate storylines, while mine is only a fraction of that.

I'll have to work harder to become one. Though, of course, when GuardianS is complete (which I don't know when), hopefully it'll sit on the same stage.

And thanks, I thought the character interaction was cheesy, since I repeated lots of the same thing back and forth. It's difficult to insert all this side-dishes while keeping the main storyline intact.

The university doesn't have a writing club. I write short pieces whenever I have time, trying out some fantasizing. This is the second real piece where I am serious in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Okay, I don't know what is going to happen with this, but I'll give something a shot.
Be warned: I don't plan things before I write, because I enjoy not knowing what I've got in store for myself (and besides, my writing generally turns out better when I don't think too hard and just let it flow).

True Name: Arc Collins
Given Name: Arcc
Hair: Red-brown
Eyes: Brown
World of Origin: Earth*
Factional Affiliation: Saint Church
Magic Style: Old Velkan*
Specialization: Defense
Elemental Affinity: Earth

*see backstory for notes

Intelligent Device:
Spoiler for Intelligent device and associated abilities:

Barrier Jacket:
Spoiler for Barrier Jacket:

Unison Device:
Spoiler for Unison Device:

Backstory:
Spoiler for Backstory:

I wonder how many characters you have that are completely focused on defensive tactics? My character may be hard to defeat, but he's a team player who really can't win on his own either.
A shot well-worth it.

Defensive characters are good (case in point, Kratos is one, and Leona is in between), but they need help when things get serious. Attackers are almost always needed in all storyline, so it's best to have someone to offset Arcc's superior defenses. You can either create one, or "borrow" the OCs.

And matter manipulation ... hmm, somehow I've seen this before ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I thnk I got enough to create a Mage Knight with this system!

Should I roll a Mage Knight alt and start leveling him, even though I've still got 4 more Clerics and dozens others hanging around at level 7 ~ 20...?
You and WoW are like brother and sister, eh?

But, no! Mage-knights are already extinct except for the five in GuardianS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Real Men don't do contingency plans, real men always find a way out!
*USB cries manly hotblooded tears during a Raya gathering*

Quote:

A really nice and detailed system here that gives nice power while also having some massive drawbacks. *stamps seal of approval*

It really helps in making sense of your writing Good job!
Heh, thanks. I tried really hard to make it as balanced as possible, since it wouldn't do to have a magic system that totally eclipses Mid-childan and Belkan ones.

Phew, at least it works out.

Quote:
There you go again.
Question 1: They don't use regular spells but they should have Linker Cores right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Hound of Artemis is wicked powerful by the description.
Question 2: The quintet looks rather overspecialized. With the exception of the fighter classes, others probably wouldn't be able to do solo missions.
Question 3: Mind listing everything that is considered an element?
  1. No, they are not mages by birth. What make them mage-like is their ability to channel Elements into magic-like attacks, which earned them the title of a "mage". As explained earlier, they cannot control Mana, but they can utilize their own reserves of Elements. Linker Cores are organs that store Mana, so they don't have one. If you're going to read their magic level with TSAB technology, it would report a magic level of zero.
  2. They can, if they want to, but, no, usually they don't. Except for the Saint of the Scepter, the rest are often seen in couples.
  3. Elements in the natural form are raw, unprocessed energy. Everything consists of the four basic Elements: water, air, fire, and earth. Pure energy resides in these four types, which can be harvested by Mage-knights to channel spells. If you want a list, it'd be endlessly long ... In any case, as long as the thing carries energy and are in their unrefined form, they can use them as Elements. For starters, think of your chemical molecules. Excited molecules consist of a certain quanta of energy, which can be donated/emitted to other molecules. Mage-knights harvest the energy within the excited molecules, leaving the stable, non-volatile molecules behind. The environment contains an almost endless reserve of this type of energy, and it is this that makes up Elements. Mana are stabilized forms of the energy the Mage-knights cannot use.

========

Anyway, I just read through the tutorial and noticed a lot of errors. I'll correct them later.

In any case, I have a roster of characters that I will include in GuardianS. I'm still open for suggestions, these people are going to be involved in the main storyline.

Spoiler for Cast of Characters:

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2007-10-13 at 11:27. Reason: Spoiler-ified cast; corrected errors