View Single Post
Old 2007-10-13, 10:47   Link #12952
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Added (Off topic): You guys just have to see this.
Spoiler for Tsukasa Daikazoku:
this is awesome... although a little weird to see all the Tsukasa heads...

The end of it brought a massive smile to my face Balsami kou!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
BACKLOG RIOT ZAMBER, ACTIVATE!

This time, I'll make sure you won't regenerate! *cough*
Your resistance is futile ( unless you have to the time to check the thread every 5 minutes or so...)
Quote:
Sure thing, I do keep all my links together (even unnecessary ones).

I'll compile one when I have time.

I started questioning myself when I wrote that piece (lol), because the warning's so vague I don't know how I got it in the first place.

The third party's going to be involved in a lot of things in the next chapter, so I need to somehow "introduce" them.
Thanks

If the author doesn't know what he's writing what;s going to happend
You'll be fine. Just as long as you have some good inspiration
Quote:
Heh, thanks. I tried really hard to make it as balanced as possible, since it wouldn't do to have a magic system that totally eclipses Mid-childan and Belkan ones.

Phew, at least it works out.
I don't really mind if they do eclipse the canon magic's, as long as we're given proper reasons for why it's like that, as well as suitable drawbacks for the extra abilities/power.
Quote:
  1. No, they are not mages by birth. What make them mage-like is their ability to channel Elements into magic-like attacks, which earned them the title of a "mage". As explained earlier, they cannot control Mana, but they can utilize their own reserves of Elements. Linker Cores are organs that store Mana, so they don't have one. If you're going to read their magic level with TSAB technology, it would report a magic level of zero.
  2. They can, if they want to, but, no, usually they don't. Except for the Saint of the Scepter, the rest are often seen in couples.
  3. Element are raw, unprocessed energy. Everything consists of the four basic Elements: water, air, fire, and earth. Pure energy resides in these four types, which can be harvested by Mage-knights to channel spells. If you want a list, it'd be endlessly long ... In any case, as long as the thing carries energy and are in their unrefined form, they can use them as Elements. For starters, think of your chemical molecules. Excited molecules consist of a certain quanta of energy, which can be donated/emitted to other molecules. Mage-knights harvest the energy within the excited molecules, leaving the stable, non-volatile molecules behind. The environment contains an almost endless reserve of this type of energy, and it is this that makes up Elements. Mana are stabilized forms of the energy the Mage-knights cannot use.
Some more nice info here

A nice cast that you've assembled there. Hope it goes well for you (Action with multiple characters is especailly hard to write.... take it form me... the guy who's currently writing scenes that involve 11 combatants in total (although not all at the same time..))

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
You can't view the interview? Well try refreshing a few times. I want the resident bluecheesium writers to give me their opinion on how well I fleshed them out.

Just so you know I'm basing my new char (still in the works, waiting till my holiday begins to work on it) on Juliet Nao Zhang from Mai Otome! Now laugh! Its perfectly understandable that I'm weird enough to like the anime many call crappy.
1) I think that Kha's refering to the fact that other's have already said what he wanted to say..

2) Don't say that around SaintX.....
I didn't find Otome that bad.. although some of the episodes made me cringe.. Otome Zwei... now THAT was bad...

MORE MEMES!!

This time, it's Iza, Isamu's familiar.
Spoiler for Iza's meme:

@Kha
1) Yeah, that's pretty much it.
2) You realise that I said 5 or so full books in 12 hours right(From book 1 to book 4 or 5). (And that's at my pace). That reminds me, I still have to read the final book. It didn't look that big to me... Will probably only take me 6-7 hours(depending on length..)