View Single Post
Old 2009-05-23, 00:36   Link #41
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Okay, I think the reason that rapist had Ohsugi's bag was 'cause he probably stole it while he was busy vomiting. I mean, he's a rapist, why not steal?

Juiz an AI? I'd call it plausible mostly I saw Eagle Eye the other day. So many things today are controlled electronically and via EM waves, so lets say that Juiz has the ability to hack into government computer and blah blah blah. She could easily send in an order via computer to a sniper to take out some wheels. She doesn't have to be related to the government, but she could be hacking it.

Also, when Akira was asking her questions about Diana, she sort of talked like she didn't know her. There are several reasons why it could be like that. but lets makes this for a support for more than one Juiz. Juiz is probably just a codename.

Concerning the fact she misinterpreted Akira when he talked about making the PM say uncle, this is a mistake an AI would make.

Firstly because the entire sentence put together was an indirect question, and on the sub I read, "...I could probably make the Prime Minister say 'uncle'...". Something like that. But this can be very flawed since I don't know the literal Japanese to English translation. Currently, computers have the intelligence of a retarded cockroach, and I'm not exaggerating at that. Juiz did not recognize the sentence as a whole, she only interpreted it with clauses, so when she heard "make the PM say 'uncle'", she had it done.
Also, during the meeting with the PM, they people are talking about problems with Selecao, so I'm guessing that Selecao is an outside organization, and doesn't have much to do with the Japanese government.

Okay, on the other side, the Eden system, can recognize objects and faces via imaging. Another technology that is not available and will not be in the near future. A computer can look at a cup and recognize all the squares and triangles and numbers but it will never identify it as a cup. So the Eden system is highly advance, people in real life would kill for it.
Oh yeah, I know this stuff from when I read physicist Michio Kaku's book Physics of the Impossible just for those of you who think I'm pulling this out of my booty. : P

I'm going to put my money on the fact that EOTE is Sci-Fi because of the use of advanced technology.