View Single Post
Old 2009-05-23, 08:34   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I've always thought Juiz sounded like an AI. I'm pretty sure that each Selecao doesn't have a separate human concierge, since they all have the same voice. And one human couldn't serve all those people instantly and so quickly.

2. Connection to the government makes sense. Remember that #1 was at a military airfield earlier. Lots of infrastructure available to the AIs.

3. I finally figured out that Mr. Outside just chose the people for being different, since he saw that the people normally given the opportunity to fix the country all had ineffective ideas. He was thinking "outside" the box. He's very slow to decide that a Selecao is going wrong, since he realizes he doesn't know how to fix the country, either.

Diana's idea of punishing bad people is at least semi-reasonable, even though we can see how ineffective it really is.

4. Thanks for the explanations of the tricks. I myself didn't make the connection with the helicopter, which seems obvious once you mention it. Diana probably had the network of wires set up earlier? In any case, during the time Saki was running to the hotel, there was possibly time for a medical crew to treat Akira and for the illusion to be set up.

5. It looked to me as if Akira was ready to go with Diana, but just collapsed from loss of blood, etc., before they started. Complex situation, to say the least.

6. Of course I feel defensive about Saki, but it seemed to me that she felt badly inside -- although it took a while to register with her that her not showing up for the meal had anything to do with anything -- but in an Asian way she just didn't have to go weeping and shouting about it. Instead, she actually did something about it, leaving the car and rushing to the hotel alone.

However, if you have ever been in love, you know it is perfectly natural to forget about anyone but the one you love. So she was focused on Akira when she saw him lying there. I was amazed that we didn't see any indication of her feeling badly to see that half-naked vamp beside him. In any case, Oosugi is really a pretty annoying brat. They've known each other since high school and he has been hanging around like a bad smell the whole time, despite the fact that she clearly (to an objective observer) has never been interested in him. Go to eat a meal, maybe, but that's it. She only agreed to the meal because she was in a weakened state and didn't feel right coming up with an excuse not to go.

She should have told him long ago to get lost, but she had to keep interacting with him at the club, and in any case she was too nice to do it. Of course, in a situation like this, it is cruel to be kind. In any case, it is reasonable for her to feel badly, but she is not to blame in any way, really.

I think Oosugi is probably at home in his room, resting from being hung over, and unwilling to talk to anyone. The Scooby gang may have only tried his cell number. Or else he has left town for a while, to get over his disappointment, and so as not to have to see Saki.

7. Y8billion = $80 million or so. Still a sizable chunk of cash.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-23 at 08:52.