Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 22:29   Link #1070
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Torture ... agreed.

Just like when Koromo takes control of the table and slowly destroys and frustrates you by dragging everyone to the bottom of the sea and then suddenly going crazy with high value hands achieved after only 2 or 3 go-rounds. -_-

With Koromo the solution was for Saki to stealthily take control of the table back while the former was "not looking". Perhaps something similar would work with Teru? Either that or not letting her "see you" in the first place (like, say, having Sakura petals swirling around you and obstructing her vision of you (or others?) in her mirrors. Of course this is more of a poetic image here of a certain person's special powers manifesting themselves, if you will.

Such a thing might work with Saki (or perhaps even the sad, frightened looking woman who decimated the coach of Achiga who had all the paisley looking things cascading around her whenever she's shown), but ... umm ... I wouldn't at all be surprised if both Yuuki and Kuro had their heads handed to them....
Kuro will never be the same and Yuuki is dead, simple as that. Hell, Yuuki already sucks outside the east round, how much of a chance do you think she has?

I think your suggested method would be kind of an overkill, even by saki standards. To me Teru's ability seems tailor made to clash against Saki's, to see who can control the table faster and strike harder. Other than that, Teru's demon mirror probably doesn't work on normal players (emphasis on "probably") and it definetly won't work on Nodoka because she has no ability on her own, she just denies everyone else's. On the other hand, though, Nodoka can't just deny Teru's rollout attack because it's not based in presence or intimidation, it's pure brute force. No matter how skeptical she is, she wouldn't be able to overlook Teru's growing winning streak even if she doesn't even bother to look at her face.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote