Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 00:41   Link #1071
night_sentinel

Well the way I see it, there are some abilities that can give you certain knowledge or limited prediction and there are some abilities that will help give you certain tiles or alter the tiles that you or your opponent draw. And there might be certain abilities that do both.

For example:
Toki's ability belongs firmly to the former category which is predicting the next go round or turn.

If we say Toyone's ability alter the tiles that the opponent will get to the tile needed to complete Toyone's hand. Then, Toyone's pursuit riichi belongs to the latter category. Hell even if Toyone's ability give her a tenpai hand for the tile that Toki will draw, its still in the latter category.

Quote:
With Koromo the solution was for Saki to stealthily take control of the table back while the former was "not looking". Perhaps something similar would work with Teru? Either that or not letting her "see you" in the first place (like, say, having Sakura petals swirling around you and obstructing her vision of you (or others?) in her mirrors. Of course this is more of a poetic image here of a certain person's special powers manifesting themselves, if you will.
That's a very nice image. Saki's presence at the table is strange as you've said Saki has a habit of metaphorically disappearing just like in the latest match. I think most of her opponents forgot that she existed until she did something.

But, on the other hand, I sometimes feel that Saki is too distracting when she actually does something. Koromo concentrated too much on Saki that she allowed other player's to win. In your flowery imagery, I suppose the opponent concentrates to find the source of the Sakura petal that is obstructing her vision and get more blinded in return?

Quote:
To me Teru's ability seems tailor made to clash against Saki's, to see who can control the table faster and strike harder.
The more I see of Teru's playstyle and Saki's playstyle the more similar and the more different it appears. I think its natural that they should clash considering that they're playstyle is probably developed in response to each other.

Oh yeah agreed on Kuro and Yuuki, they're dead men walking at this point. I've already made advanced prayers for them.

On another note, the next chapter of Achiga-hen is coming up and I feel that this chapter will bring an end to the vanguard match. So what do do you guys think will happen, will Teru knock a team to zero or not?

1. Teru will knock a team below zero

-Toki lost her mp so there goes one major obstacle of stopping Teru.
-Teru seemed to have finished her "warm-up", and getting dangerous by the minute.
Plot reason
- It will hide Shiraitodai's other members abilities.
- Assuming that there will be no season 2 or OVAs released, the manga need to end soon.

2. Teru does not knock a team out.
- Its the last hand!!! All they need to stop Teru is win once even a measly win would do.
- Its 3 vs. 1
Plot reason:
- Kuro needs to do something.
- This will just repeat the tragedy of Akado 10 years ago just even worse.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote