Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 12:30   Link #1074
Requiem-x
The slacking one

[QUOTE=Qilin;4198121]Either way, it would be pretty hilarious (in a trollish kind of sense) if this entire spin-off turned out to be just some excuse to sacrifice a few schools (Achiga and/or Senriyama) for the sake of showcasing Teru's delicious mahjong haxx. [QUOTE]

Honestly, with all that has happened during Teru Time, that seems exactly what achiga-hen was made for (and to give more focus to Nodoka as the center of the Sakiverse, because god knows she doesn't have enough of that already ). We got more detail on every move than in any other match in the manga so far, everyone but Teru has gotten some sort of flashback, and the levels of destruction are off the charts. Just look at the final words from the last chapter, Ritz is going wild with this, and I'd like to think it's because she knows just how long we've been waiting to see Teru in action. If Toki really collapses after or even during the match, I'll be 100% convinced. Not even the Koromo sent Kana to the hospital.

Unfortunately, that would mean we'd fly through the rest of the rounds, which would be a damn shame, especially since I want to see Arata do something, specifically, kick butt to show Harue what she's made of.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote