View Single Post
Old 2007-05-16, 18:22   Link #10
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS5 View Post
Heh. Are you sure you're not simply prejudiced? Very few people should find Vorbis at q1.0 annoying to listen to. And remember, being able to ABX it does not mean you'll notice its faults in normal occasions. Audio codecs have improved quite a lot over the past few years, and auToV has done excellent work on improving Vorbis.
I've done some test encodes with a few samples and found that below Q3, artifacts become rather noticeable. Audio is more of a subjective media anyway. I know many a person who would find Q1 == amazing quality.

But I highly think it should _not_ be recommended as a good quality level to encode to. Remember people do read these forums and actually do some of the things recommended in them. We don't need a bunch of fansubs having Q1 vorbis in them coupled with bad or good video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS5 View Post
And I'm surprised you quoted me there, instead of martino's 64kbps HE-AAC. I can assure you 80kbps Vorbis sounds better than that.
No need for that. TheFluff already covered it.

Maybe I'll waste some time one day and ABX on the differences between 64kbps HE-AAC and 80kbps vorbis. Or better yet, I'll save my ears from the torture and just not care...