View Single Post
Old 2008-05-13, 20:20   Link #1064
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Believe the Korean subbers. Korean is almost completely interchangable with Japanese, which is one reason why we get most of our subs within 24 hours of broadcasting.
Heh, I can't understand Korean though. Well, I just went and had a listen myself and I did hear a 'kimi' at the start of that line so I guess I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post
Well, a "yuk" can mean many things

but "mere" planned patricide?
:P Iunno, feel free to clarify then. Moral outrage was just my guess for the most probable motivation for a negative response.

The thing is, planned patricide is precisely what Lelouch is planning to do as well, and really these kinds of characters are scattered all over literature without garnering automatic disapproval. All it takes for anybody to sympathise to some degree with Suzaku and his patricide is a healthy distrust of nationalism, at the very least. The sanctity of family, life, or children are pretty much biological constructs, really, and it isn't too hard for circumstances to break them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
I don't quite get how some people can support him since Taniguchi has been making it clear that he is not really the sort of person you should like.
As for your question on how people can support Suzaku, Dann, it's pretty simple in my case. My criteria for liking people is pretty much competence, maybe moreso individual competence, and from what I've seen in the show so far, Suzaku is just as, if not moreso, competent than Lelouch. Not quite sure where you're getting the 'should' from, either, as it seems like being Suzaku's friend would actually net you quite a few benefits, doesn't it?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote