View Single Post
Old 2014-12-16, 17:37   Link #1549
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Maybe someone mistook the older Deen made film for the KyoAni TV series? The older film was indeed very (but very) rushed and the few characters that it did keep it completely butchered the characterization.

KyoAni's TV series on the other hand is, to me, a masterpiece of the medium and an example of how to adapt a visual novel to the small screen.
Well yeah, though I feel compelled to point out that 1: the movie was done by Toei, not Deen, and 2: it actually came out a mere month before the TV-series started airing, so while it is technically "older", it is so by such a narrow margin that it basically doesn't even matter.

But yes, the movie I remember being distinctly mediocre. Like, comparing the events of After Story episode 16 to their equivalent in the movie, or heck, comparing the ending of the movie to After Story episodes 18 and 19... there isn't even the slightest competition there, the TV-series was incomparably more effective... and this despite the fact that I saw the movie first. (I do have to give the movie some credit though; On paper, its ending might actually be preferrable to what we got in the show, as I still sort of feel like the series should have ended when Tomoya forgave his father and that the whole Illusionary World aspect didn't need to exist at all.)