View Single Post
Old 2008-02-01, 00:41   Link #101
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I find it interesting that Chloe was talking to Lawrence about a good scheme only shortly before all this surfaced
That's a good point, I'd forgotten about that...I guess if it does turn out Chloe's the mystery person at the end of ep 4 it shouldn't be a surprise...

This is just one of those episodes that makes me glad to be an anime fan--Horo's vulnerable side just makes her even more endearing, and Lawrence's reaction gives him bonus points too.

That whole scene with Lawrence and Horo at the inn, where he gives her the drawing of his dream store to use as a Kleenex, was just really well done--it really felt like a big milestone in their relationship. I can just picture ten years later, Lawrence sitting around the fireplace with a little boy and little girl with wolf ears, and him telling them about handing Horo the picture of the store and saying that was the moment, even though he didn't really realize it at the time, that he decided to spend the rest of his life with their mom. And then he adds some wisecrack about how he didn't realize how truly frightening she could be back then, and Horo smacks him in the back of the head and tells him to go get more firewood from the backyard