View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 04:45   Link #1
HasuMasu
*Artist

Problems with watching certain anime?

Alright, I'll try to explain this to the best of my ability. For it is something that has affected me for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure if you can relate, but when I witness 'certain' events in 'certain' anime I suddenly feel the urge to pause it as I feel some sort of...how should I put this, perhaps you could call it 'embarrassment' regarding what is taking place in the anime that I was watching.

While there's no set pattern, it commonly takes place during romantic events, nosebleed-worthy events, events in which something bad will surely happen to the character, or events in which I find the characters' actions to be stupid or embarrassing. In these cases, I feel the urge to pause it right away and often I would be trying to catch my breath as if I had been running up a flight of stairs.

This has affected my ability to watch anime considerably, as I am unable to finish certain anime that abundantly display the kind of events that stimulate this certain reaction from me. Has this happened to any of you? If so, how much does it affect your experience in watching anime?

Incidentally, this is not limited to anime, I find that as long as the conditions are met it can transpire in exactly the same manner for manga, movies, etc.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2012-03-18 at 04:58.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote