View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 19:34   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Everyone tera-sucks compared to Ash Roller. It's impossible not to love that guy.
Agreed! He's really cool, and it was great to see him return.

There's a few things I'll say in Haru's defense, even though I myself got slightly annoyed with him this episode.

When a guy has been ostracized for a long time, like I think Haru's been, they may find it impossible to believe their "good fortune" when all of a sudden a few people start being genuinely nice and friendly to them. This is amplified when the people acting this way to them are extremely popular... like KYH is.

Nomi brought Haru's Burst Link world crashing down, which in Haru's mind brings him back to Square One, which Haru knows well (Nomi is simply a more intellectual version of the purely physical bullies Haru has dealt with all his high school life). So as Haru thinks back on his time as a Burst Linker, that time once more seems "too good to be true". Haru thinks to himself, "This low point is where I belong. I was given a life greater than I deserve, and now I must put that life aside since it was always too good to be true anyway. Putting that life aside is the one way I can get back at this Nomi bully."

Now, is it logical for Haru to think this way? No, not really. But it makes some internal sense given what Haru has grown accustomed to in his life.

I hope that Haru will one day truly realize and accept that KYH really does love him, and that Taku really is his friend (in Taku's case, it makes some sense that lingering doubts over Taku's previous betrayal will remain for awhile).