View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 10:38   Link #456
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yep.

Yeah, I think that was at least part of the reason; I got the impression that seemed to be somewhat scared because he thought that something completely different would've happened if his plan were to fail.
Though originally i was a bit confused about why he was scared, your post helped me a lot figure it out .

At first it didn't even cross my mind that one of the reasons that he could have been scared was because he was focusing all the frustration/anger on himself mainly because he was already in the spot light. But after your post and re watching the episode, i realized the other guy ( the guy who blamed) tried to blame all other ( possible) beta users in the group as well ( thus attention would be focused on all of them) . But Kirito then went a step further and made a big distinction between himself and beta users and thus now all attention/frustrations/anger are focused back at him alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
It's also worth mentioning that pointing yourself out that early in a death game... isn't exactly the sanest notion. Sure he's saving a bunch of other beta tester's from problems, and he's a solo player so he's probably okay on his own...

But he's still singling himself out in a massively MULTIPLAYER game, and that's always risky.
I agree with that at the time, in that group, what he did was very risky. But as for future implications, although probably would have some negative ( and maybe positive) effects, it wouldn't be as dire as what he was facing then when people were frustrated that Diabel died imo.

Few things i can guess ( not a novel reader just speculating) his reputation could gain him allies ( positive effect) and at the same time people could be after him ( after his col and items, ...).

But still i agree that doing that at the end of the episode 2 could have ended in a much worse way than it did for him.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-07-30 at 10:49.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote