Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-30, 17:30   Link #1826
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I thought it was fine. Perhaps you all got some warped perspective on what was presented. I don't recall any of the them having very overwhelming super powers (by the usual standards), aside from the one super fast takedown of night-time-sunglass-dudes in the suburbs; but that was limited to the kid and he showed it again a few time too. If the battles were suppose to be overwhelming, then don't you think they would have been overwhelming from episode one, when a lot of action happened? The best when the two red goons chasing Shiro could do was scream at him. Note that none of the characters ever got a powerup at any point in the series, not even once—which writing wise is a plus—so there's no reason to believe they would be any stronger at the end then at any other point.

Versus normal people they probably are virtually invulnerable, but since blue vs red is suppose to be on equal footing, what epicness is there? They virtually canceled each other out (red attacks, blue shielded), logically occurred as it would have been expected to; can't say I was surprised or disappointed by that. Since the series started with the Red boss "giving up," I would think the series was a little bit above wonky fights and kame-hame-ah moments anyway.