View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 20:48   Link #199
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Welcome to America. If you haven't saved up at least $100,000, you are nothing but a piece of trash that deserves to be thrown into the dumpster for the crime of getting sick or having an accident, since you most likely can't afford the burial costs. Of course, you deserved it. You weren't born into the right family, or had the wrong skin color. I'm fine though. I was born to parents that worked hard to come here, so I had citizenship to begin with and even now they could help me with my lazy ass. But it's okay. Despite the fact that I have done nothing to earn any of this, I should spill some self righteous vitrol to everyone that wasn't as fortunate enough without knowing who they are.
This message something that get's regurgitated a lot by the modern media and not just in America. "You can improve yourself, you can do anything. But should you fail, everything bad that happens to you is your own fault". It is a message that encourages selfishness and doesn't take account from the differences in the means people have when they start out in life.