Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-18, 14:26   Link #297
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Nana Mizuki has the best live singing for a seiyuu, at least from what I have heard, her new live fighter concert kinda dissapointed me, but that's not the point. Hirano Aya dissapointed me with every live performance I seen from her (other then her punk version of Bouken Desho Desho), I saw the digest of her performance with Animelo 2008, she still sounded pretty bad with singing Love Gun, which I don't think is a very hard song to sing. God Knows was made for Hirano Aya's voice, I heard loads of remix of God Knows, but the original always sounds the best. Hirano Aya's producers need to make songs that matches her voice. Like Yoko Kanno producing songs for May'n.

Hirano Aya's voice is very noticable, it kinds 'sticks out' from the rest of the voices you hear from anime. Houkoholic once mentioned that Hirano Aya seems to actually 'act' the lines, you can hear her taking her breath all the time, which would sound great in a live action movie or something, but would clash with other seiyuus in anime. Nana Mizuki just does the standard seiyuu job that everyone expects, which matches other seiyuus, but her performance is nothing special.

Sometimes with seiyuus, they can have a very small vocal range, but have really good acting which convince the watcher's that they're a different character. Such as Wakamoto, his voice from Code Geass and Hayate no Gotoku has the same voice, but the acting convinced me that they're different. Hirano Aya should stick with her Haruhi voice, which is the same voice she used for Reira from NANA, which sounds great. I like her Konata voice too, but I hate anything she uses between the two.