View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 21:09   Link #1116
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'd have enjoyed things more if the manga readers hadn't pretty much let us all know Yoshino lives after the last episode. Thanks.

The ending was all that one would expect from this show, even if all my secret hopes that there'd be one last plot twist were dashed. You know, Aika still being alive, masquerading as Yu-chan, and the whole thing just a play she orchestrated at every turn, and her last message to Mahiro/Yoshino was basically rubbing their noses in it all.

I wonder if they went to black prior to what was presumably "the kiss" on purpose? As an aside, I don't think I could handle the burden of being in a relationship with someone who was still so in love with their dead ex. But, here's to the two of them hopefully making it for the long haul.

The only real question I have left after the conclusion is...Junichirou. The anime made it out that he doesn't have magic, but he was shown able to defeat people in ways that weren't shown, so the question was always...what's special about him?
Spoiler for Spoilers? I guess? From manga?:
Also, lol @ his crush on Evangeline, though her boob size kind of made her an obvious crush for him. Evangeline, herself, seems to have a thing for Samon (or Natsumura, or both). Poor Junichirou. Short guys have a lot to overcome, unfortunately.

It's hard for me to rate this show. I love that it skewed towards a stage production in many ways, especially as someone who grew up doing musicals, and would love to see more shows that did that, but I still find myself giving Shin Sekai Yuri and Psycho Pass an edge over it. Still an excellent series, and proof that Bones isn't entirely dried up after a long list of shows that left me thinking I'd have to stop giving them an automatic "must watch" just because their name was attached to a series.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote